Why is the ´red´ button the most important thing in the studio BBC

Not important where you already are, each space and each situation have something special. For Radio (broadcasting or studio) is important one thing – and that is ´the red button´. 
Thanks my nice colleague – journalist – I reached great opportunity to spend some time in BBC. It was amazing be again in the newsroom and in the studio. Of course I spent lots of time in Radio studio before. But it was not in BBC and it took a place in my country – in Prague. So I was looking for what is the same and what is different. And I discovered that some things are the same in every places in every times. And that´s it for example the ´red button´!!! What is it? The most important thing for Radio Broadcasting! You cannot belive?! Just follow me…

Yes, it is – The ´Red Button´! :-)
So now back to the ´Red Button´! Maybe you can suppose ´the red button´ is something like the ´button for starting trident´, or if you push it you get it yourself on air or to love… or to death…
Yes, it is - The ´Red Button´! :-)Oh no… Nothing of that. The explanation is easier and more practicable. If you come in to the Radio studio (indeed not depend which country is it or if it is private or public Radio) everywhere is one most important button – and that is red button with the sign ´COUGH´ and … indeed…
The TV studio in the BBC – behind me
The TV studio in the BBC – around me. By the way… It is wonderfull feelings!;-)

Nothing special, no key word, no password, nothing secret. It is really just about ´cough´. So if you are on air and the interview or your speech is going and the thousands and millions people are listening to you and suddenly you are in need cos become the cough to you, then just press the red button and that´s it. On the moment you are free of live broadcasting and that´s mean your cough not damage hearing of your audience. The studio microphones are very sensitive and absolutely everything is able to listen.
The TV studio in the BBC - around me. By the way... It is wonderfull feelings!;-)
The TV studio in the BBC - behind meAnd if I say everything I really mean everything! So… If you will be invited to the studio as a guest, be very careful what do you say (including whispering of course), how you say and to who to say. Good luck!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts